2. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” Saint Augustine
3. "Not all those who wander are lost.” – JRR Tolkien
4. “Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by.” – Robert Frost
5. "Travel is more than the seeing of sights: it's a change that goes on, deep and permanent,
in the ideas of living." - Miriam Beard
6. "There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." Jawaharial Nehru
7. "People travel to faraway places to watch, in fascination, the kind of people they ignore at home." - Dagobert D. Runes
8. "Do not follow where the path they lead. Go instead where there is not path and leave a trail."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. "There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
10. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
Wanderlust: a very strong and irresistable impulse or desire to travel the world.
I was struck by wanderlust at a very young age. It hit me on my first trip out of the country to visit relatives in Colombia. It was an amazing place. I can remember vividly it's smells, sounds and tastes. Yes, tastes! The food was amazing. I can still taste the fresh hot rolls that were served for breakfast with a warm cup of cafe con leche. Fast forward to 2009...we became ex-pats in Italy.
I've we've been thinking about our lives in Italy, lately. It's been only seven months since we've been back in the US. Not very long if you think of it. We miss all of it. These pictures are from one of our last trips through Italy. They are of Riomaggiore, one of the small villages that comprise Cinque Terre.
My wanderlust has reached a fever pitch since MM has arrived on leave. We are tweaking our moving arrangements daily. I've been keeping these quotes in a journal which have helped me keep focus on our new big move to Hawaii in May. We move for another two years to Honolulu, while Noel takes command. It's all very exciting and nerve-wracking. Another new adventure.
Maybe, these quotes will inspire you to go to have an adventure of your own.